Customize modern SharePoint menu with icons
Creating a well-structured and meaningful menu using just a few words per item can be difficult. Wouldn’t be awesome to customize the menu items with icons?
I’ve wrote about this topic in the past and I even did a solution to customize classic SharePoint with Fabric UI icons.
Since SharePoint has evolved and the methods used in the past are no longer valid, today I bring you a quick tip that will allow you to customize your modern SharePoint menus in just a few clicks.
In this solution instead of using an icon font I will use the emoji menu available for Windows 10 and Mac OS.
- Start by editing the menu items
- Place the cursor in the location where you want to add the icon
- If you are using Windows 10 press “Windows” + “.”, if you are using Mac OS press “Command” + “Control” + “Spacebar”
- Look for the icon you want to use
- Save the menu item and then Save your menu
The end result will look like the following image.
Do you see yourself customizing your SharePoint menu with icons? Let me know in the comment section down below.
March 30, 2020
Such a simple but effective way to add visualization to your Links! Nice
June 17, 2020
Hello Joao – I see no effect when i press Windows button + .
Do i need to install any thing ?
June 17, 2020
Are you using Windows 10?