Create internal newsletters using SharePoint News
Communication is the key to build a successful team, and the SharePoint folks responsible for the modern sites know it well, month after month we continue to be presented with new features to enrich the communication and collaboration between teams.
Today I bring you the instructions on how to create an Internal newsletter without effort using only what SharePoint provides by default.
The SharePoint News web part provides an easy way to quickly create eye catching content that you can use to engage your audience and keep everyone in the loop.
How to create an internal newsletter
Even though the content created with the News web part is appealing most likely you will publish news that will not reach all the team members.
If you want to deliver posts to the entire team you can use the News Digest feature that allows you to create the internal newsletter, to create one follow the steps below:
- From your News web part click on See All
- Once the resume page opens click on Email as news digest
- Select the posts you want to add to the digest and click Next
- Provide an Name to your digest
- Introduce the individual emails or distribution lists that will receive the digest
- You can type a message to give more context about the content being shared
- Reorder the posts according to their importance
- Click on Send news digest and let the magic happen, in a couple minutes the newsletter will be delivered
Forgot to add someone to the list?
Don’t worry you don’t need to replicate all the above steps, the digest is stored in the Site Pages library next to all your other posts.
To send a prebuilt digest by email do the following:
- Open the Site Pages library, if not available in the navigation you can find it in the Site Contents
- Open the Page with the same name you gave to the digest
- Click on Send mail
- Type the emails and click Send
Want to see this feature in action before trying it yourself? Watch the video below.