Introducing SharePoint new News Templates for stunning Outlook communications
Crafting visually appealing emails that shine on Outlook has long been a challenge. Countless hours spent fine-tuning fonts, adjusting layouts, and grappling with compatibility issues have left many a sender frustrated.
Say hello to a SharePoint game-changing feature – news templates meticulously crafted to conquer the Outlook challenge. Seamlessly merging form and function, these templates promise to revolutionize your email aesthetic, with the already user-friendly SharePoint editor, the process of creating visually appealing emails is now not only achievable but enjoyable.
With the new integration of SharePoint News into Outlook, you will get:
- Integration with Outlook: SharePoint News seamlessly integrates with Outlook, enabling news authors to directly preview and send complete news posts as emails to their readers’ inboxes.
- User-Friendly Templates: Six ready-to-use templates are being introduced across Outlook and SharePoint, simplifying the process for news authors to create visually appealing emails effortlessly.
- Enhanced User Experience: The integration ensures a consistent and engaging user experience by delivering news content directly to the inbox, saving both authors and readers time.
- Unified Page Analytics: The implementation of unified page analytics offers authors a holistic view of their content’s performance, consolidating total page reads across both Outlook and SharePoint into a single, comprehensive engagement metric.
Targeted Release: Rollout will begin in late August 2023 and is expected to be complete by early September 2023.
Standard Release: Rollout will begin in mid-September 2023 and is expected to be complete by late September 2023.
How to create a SharePoint news post for email
To compose a news post intended for email delivery, you should follow these steps:
- On your SharePoint site click New and then News Post
- On the Made for email section select one of the 6 available templates and adjust it to your needs with your own text and webparts
- Once you finish the page, click Post and send
- Type the emails who will receive the SharePoint news post by email
Sending a page as an email maintains current site permissions and does not grant recipients access to the original page unless they already possess it.